Using the video capabilities of a smart phone or optional video-equipped smart glasses, in combination with Aira’s iOS or Android App, passengers are connected to Aira-trained professionals who provide them with on-demand, personalized access to visual information to help them navigate their environment.
Passengers with mobility requests should continue to contact their airline at least 48 hours in advance of travel to make arrangements directly with their airline provider. Aira does not replace air carrier processes for accessibility assistance. It provides an additional layer of support for people with visual disabilities.
How it works
Aira can use any connection, cellular or Wi-Fi. At Pearson, passengers can use the Aira app for free, although data charges may apply.
- Download the Aira App on your smartphone through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Open the Aira app and choose the prompt “Tap to use Aira as a Guest for FREE!”
- Register with an email and phone number and complete the signup process.
- You will receive a text message confirming your phone number.
- Tap the link in the text message to complete the signup process.
- Connect with an agent by tapping the phone icon.
Once connected, what do I do?
When you call an agent, the agent will ask what you'd like to do, and you simply state the task at hand. Aira agents require passengers with sight loss to have their mobility device (white cane or service animal) with them at all times.
Need more info?
All support or questions on the use of Aira should be directed to Aira during their hours of operation (6:00 am to 6:00 pm Pacific Time). Their toll free customer service line is 1-800-835-1934.